With more than half a century of experience, FAR Polymers is one of the leading companies within the Italian chemical landscape. The main activity of the company is the production of polymers, which is divided into three departments: Acrylic dispersions, Vinylic dispersion and re-dispersible Powders.
One of the main qualities of the company is its remarkable diversification of products, a feature that enables it to fit in many industrial sectors, such as construction, wall decoratives, wood and paper adhesives, textiles and tanning industry. As a matter of fact, the great flexibility of FAR Polymers manufacturing plants allows application of various polymerisation technologies along an extremely diversified production that is targeted at catering the specific needs of customers in each application.
More than 50 years specialisation
- In 1963, the company started its activity in Cologno Monzese, with a registered office in Milan, under the name of Mario Moro Milano sas, in the name of its founder. Initial activity revolved around the development of chemical products for the wood industry.
- In 1968, the company changed its corporate name into F.A.R. Fabbrica Adesivi Resine Spa; Furthermore, a new industrial plant was built in Filago, Bergamo. Here started the manufacturing of vinylic dispersions, of liquid ureic resins and of wood adhesives.
- In 1970, the company extended its product range through the development of liquid and powder ureic resins, vinyl resins for the coating sector, acrylic resins and phenolic resins. At the same time the company started production of formaldehyde and methanol as well.
- In 1983, due to the rising cost of Natural Gas in Italy, the methanol production became unsustainable and the plant was shut down.
- In 1993, as a result of an important deal with some major producers of particle boards, the company branch related to the ureic resins production was conferred to a newly-formed company. That led to the birth of Farcoll. At that time, F.A.R. started the development and manufacturing of new products in the field of the re-dispersible powders for the construction industry.
- In 2000, F.A.R. Spa product range was expanded with a complete range of acrylic resins for construction industry.
- In 2013, the company decided to discontinue the production of phenolic resins in order to fully focus on the main products of its business.
- 2016 On April 1st 2016, as a consequence of the corporate events that involved F.A.R. Spa, the new FAR Polymers Srl was created with headquarters and sales office in Cologno Monzese, Milan, and manufacturing plant in Filago, Bergamo. Having in mind the the appreciation and loyalty shown by FAR’s customers and the manufacturing skills and production capacity of the Filago plant, the new shareholders, who came from key companies of the Italian chemical landscape, made the decision to commence this new project. From then onwards, the company committed to the ambitious objectives to further pursue the historical business activities, while simultaneously developing brand new products and entering into new markets.
FAR Polymers’ core value derives from the high-level quality of its products and the professionalism and expertise of its team. The production makes use of next generation technologies, such as the new spray drying plant for the construction of polymeric powders, commissioned in 2010. The system provides a very flexible control over the powder particles properties such as density, particle size, flow characteristics and moisture content. The company continues its original business lines and now aims to achieve outstanding results in its traditional production sectors:
- Paper and wood adhesives
- Wall decoratives
FAR Polymers guarantees a highly professional technical assistance service for each industrial sector, in order to continuously support customers, enabling them to make better use of the products in all the different formulations provided.